We are committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors. Any personal data gathered by us in your use of this site will be recorded electronically and only used in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. Your data will be used in order to affect delivery of your goods and provide our full customer service to you, as well as to compile accounting and other records.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
any other information that you choose to send to us;
USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer by a web site to give you a unique ID. Cookies help make it easier and faster for you to use our site because it can remember if you’ve visited the site and they help us provide you with the information you need about your account details – when and where you need it.
A cookie generated by our site contains no information about you. It contains only a numeric ID that, for example, allows you to retrieve your account details. The cookie lets you enter your email and password so you don’t have to enter those details again, or it lets you save products to a comparison list if available.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take sensible technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
www.speedyscafe.co.uk uses your email address as a convenient way to contact you about your order. From time to time, we may update you on relevant Speedy’s news or promotions, but only with your permission. We will not pass your details on to any other relevant third parties unless you have given us permission to do so.
Users who wish to no longer receive our newsletter or promotional emails may click on a link named “Unsubscribe” which is embedded with every email sent by Speedy’s in order to not receive future messages.
North Gower Street